Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Just Maybe....

That elusive GNR (Giving & Receiving Date) may actually HAPPEN for REAL - and it's right around the corner!! December 14th!! a week from -- FRIDAY. Which means that Debbie (that's Aunt Debbie) and I and the other families traveling with us would leave for Vietnam on Monday or Tuesday. THIS Monday or Tuesday, December 10/11. And so all that waiting and... i am SO not ready. And yet I am incredibly ready to meet my little one. And to share in this journey with the other traveling and waiting families. What a trip this has been and continues to be. And it is really just beginning. The journey, that is. So just one rub: recall those policy changes from October? We still do not have approval from the US Embassy for our I600's. We need this approval to actually travel. The GNR date is set by Vietnam. Let's hope that we get this approval in the next day or so.

16 comments:

Leigh said...

YEA...YEA....YEA!!!

Oh, I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see you holding little Izzy!

Leaving Monday...holy cow...get packing!!!

Dianna said...

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you! I can't wait to see a picture of you and Izzy together!

lori said...

Wow! I am thrilled for you! Our little girl is in NT with Izzy so we hope to be following in your footsteps soon!
Yippee!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

My fingers are crossed too :o) I am very excited for you!

Unknown said...

What a Christmas miracle, praying for approval of I-600.Wow I can't wait to see your blessing unfold
Stormy, waiting to follow and bring home Josiah from NT

Melissa Cz said...

That is so fantastic! I keep seeing other I-600 approvals popping up - I'm hoping to hear you get yours!!!

Julie said...

Lots of great news today.

I can't wait to see pictures of you holding Izzy.

Now start packing!!!

Bill, Paula & Will Cook said...

Congrats on the G&R! We are praying for I-600 approval and smooth travel for all of you! :)

Nadra said...

Congrats Ruth...this is so exciting. I'm hoping and praying that your I-600 is approved this week. I can't believe that you're going to be leaving on Monday...WOW.

Laura said...

I'm so glad to see you got the call too! Monday, huh?! Wow!!! Happy packing! And if you forget something, just visit the Tax Center next to the hotel in HCMC - they have everything!

Jennifer said...

wow excellent news!!! i'll keep fingers crossed about the I-600 approval.

Kathy said...

Wonderful! The best Christmas present ever!

Cindy said...

Congratulations!!!! How quick can you say "Izzy, here I come!". Hope you have a great trip and can't wait to see Izzy in your arms. Yay!

Heather said...

Hey Ruth,
I am very excited for you and I hope you and your sister have safe travels. I just can't hardly stand it for you and Kim. Isaac and Izzy will be with their Moms in less than 6 days!
Try to get some rest this weekend :)
Heather

Cindy said...

Congrats on your G&R and bringing home your daughter! She is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are on or almost on an airplane to get your daughter!