Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Can you really be six months?

Hi little one. It's hard for me to believe you are six months today! I have been waiting less and less patiently to bring you home for now nearly five months. And yet, all this time, you are thriving and growing and I know that the nannies are giving you hugs and kisses and taking good care of you. I get updates and you are growing well and I have seen your photos documenting how charming you are and how sweet and lovely (and smart!!!) and cared for. It's been a bit crazy here with changes in the process (designed to protect children like you and birth-families and adopting families) and I fear, Izzy, that despite the good intentions of these changes, because of our timing, it's slowing down the process of bringing you home. I really thought I would be with you to celebrate this day. But I know that it won't be too long now. And we will have plenty to celebrate for a lifetime to come. Happy six month bday sweet izzy thu thi. I will make a wish for both of us today.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Sixth month Izzy! HOpefully your mom will be holding you ASAP!!
Shelly Cline
PS Do you have any updates as to where you are in the process?

Jessica said...

Hang in there! I still am in shock that we do not have our babies home right now. I never imagined we would be in the position we are in now. How are you as far as your I-171h? Ours expires Jan.19th, so we are having to consider doing a homestudy update. This just plain sucks... but we WILL get through it!

Dianna said...

Happy birthday sweet little Izzy! I can't wait to see your mama holding you and squeezing you!!!

Bill, Paula & Will Cook said...

Happy 6 Months! Can't wait to see you home with your Mama! :)

Paula

Dan and Elisabeth said...

Happy birthday Izzy!! I can't wait to see you with your mommy.

S. said...

Happy Sixth Month Birthday Izzy! I hope you will be able to come home very soon!

Laura said...

Oh how I hope you are able to celebrate Izzy's 7th month together! Will you be travelling with the Varns? One mom in California is praying that you are a mom-in-the-flesh by Christmas!