Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, December 9, 2007

What a week! and the best is just around the corner

Or should i say across the world? but not so very far away.

So tomorrow around 2:30 I board a flight to LAX on my way to izzy. It's been a whirlwind of navigating through the new process and getting ready in really five days. You'd think, wouldn't you, that after all this waiting, I'd be packed and organized and ... well, um, no. But man, in so many other ways I am very ready.

So get ready little one! I know you haven't been nearly as anxious waiting for me as I, for you. But boy, we are going to have some fun. And it's about to start.

Once in LA, guess what! While i wait for your Aunt Debbie to meet up with me for our flight to Hong Kong, i also get to meet Isaac's mom - Kim (and her parents! ) (http://isaacsvietnamadoption.blogspot.com/) Your grandparents are soooo excited - they are coming to DC to help out and get everything all set up while we are gone--and wow, I will tell you, we are both really lucky. They are really, really, so wonderful -- and funny and fun, too!

Izzy Thu Thi, I know they have cared for you so well there at the orphanage and that the nannies have shown you so much love. I know it's going to be hard for you to say goodbye to them and even harder for them to say goodbye to you. I hope that you will know very quickly that you are safe with me and with your Chi Doo (Aunt Debbie) and that you will receive so much love from us and all of your friends and family (extended!) who have been waiting so long for this moment.

But don't worry. We've been patient and we will continue to be patient so that you can do it your way and on your time.

So likely the next time we post, it will be from Vietnam. It won't be long now.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruth - this is it! I'm crying at work :-) I'm so excited for you and can not wait to meet beautiful Izzy. Best wishes to all of you!

Jennifer said...

Best of luck in your travels. I'm so excited for you!!!

Jessica said...

See you in a couple days!!

Cindy said...

Ruth,
Have a great time with Izzy! I'm so glad you are on your way! Hope to follow your story! Yay! Yay! Yay!

Dianna said...

I can't wait to hear from you in Vietnam. Enjoy every second... and just close your eyes and walk fast when crossing the street :)

Rachel said...

Yay! You're in my thoughts, I can't wait to hear all about your trip there!

Melissa Cz said...

Congruatulations! I can't wait to see pictures!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

We are Chi Doo's class at SMBCCS.
We love you, Izzy. When you come home, can you come to our class, please. You look so cute with your little belly. You have a cute smile. We are so excited to meet you!

Dan and Elisabeth said...

I can't wait to see picturs of you holding Izzy!!!

Anonymous said...

Ruthie:
You are in my thoughts and heart. Be safe.

Leslie & Shaune said...

safe travels and all the best. how exciting! can't wait to hear how it goes.

Julie said...

Safe traveling. I can't wait to see pictures.

Nadra said...

Izzy...your mommy is on her way. Ruth...I'm so happy for you. Can't wait to follow your journey and see your precious Izzy in your arms.